The Department of Psychology at the Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute (NVMHI) offers a variety of services to help meet the unique and diverse needs of our patient population. The department is comprised of 8 doctoral-level psychologists. While our team members come from diverse training backgrounds, the department specializes in the provision of behavioral and cognitive-behavioral treatments for psychological disorders. Department members also have expertise in Neuropsychology and Forensic Psychology. The department provides exceptional training experiences through the externship programs.
To champion human potential with optimism, expertise, and innovation.
- Application of discipline-specific expertise to all aspects of a patient’s treatment process leading to mental health recovery.
- Assessment and evaluative services to address diagnostic and treatment issues. Specialties include neuropsychology, behavioral and cognitive-behavioral psychology, and forensic psychology.
- Direct psychotherapeutic services such as individual, group, and family therapies, consistent with individual needs of patients.
- Functional assessment of behavior and implementation of behavioral strategies.
- Supervision and didactic training for clinical psychology externs.
- Consultation and training for hospital personnel, friends, and families to facilitate recovery for the individuals we serve.
Clinical Psychology Externship
Psychology Department(703) 207-7100
Director of PsychologyAzure Baron, Psy.D. , CSOTP
Forensic CoordinatorMaia McKinney, Ph.D.
Psychology/Forensic Admin. Asst.Diane Corum
Psychology StaffAdria Trotman, Ph.D.
David Stout, Psy.D.
Deanna Little, Psy.D.
Karen Cichon, Ph.D.
Laurence Levine, Psy.D.
Leslie Murray, Psy.D.
Tabetha Lyon, Psy.D.